OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Position: Benefits and Pension Assistant – Full-time
Department: Office of Human Resources
Reports To: Benefits Administrator and Pension Supervisor
(Exempt or Non Exempt)
The Benefits and Pension Assistant will assist in the day to day operations of employee benefit programs including medical, dental, life insurance, short-term disability, severance plan, Global Solutions, Workers’ Comp and FMLA. Will also assist in the day to day operations of Pension Plan benefits, Pension billing, vendor invoices and ongoing research into pension matters.
The following specific responsibilities are representative of duties required in this position. They may be unilaterally but reasonably changed based on the working environment and departmental needs.
• Answer, research and resolve high call/email volume on benefit inquiries in consultation with the Benefits Administrator onsite and offsite.
• Assist in the tracking of FMLA, STD, LTD in conjunction with third-party administrator and generate correspondence as needed.
• Assist in the processing and changes for Global Solutions, AARP, and Medicare Part B reimbursements.
• Assist in the reconciliation of monthly location/CatholiCare invoices and prepares requisitions for payment, when needed.
• Assist in the completion of Life Insurance claims, when needed.
• Assist in the processing of severance claim forms.
• Assist in the open enrollment process including FSA.
• Process BAS changes (additions, terminations, etc.) of Priests, Lay, Seminarians
• Assists with all types of communication to locations.
• Research returned mail (insufficient address) from carriers.
• Assists in first level review of pension calculations for the Lay, Priest and Cemeteries Plans.
• Logs in daily mail and tracks workflow of claims.
• Prepares Pension invoices for signature and submission for payment.
• Updates database monthly for Lay and Clergy personnel changes.
• Prepares monthly deposit of Priests’ rental deductions.
• Generates information as needed by Parish Internal Audit Dept.
• Assists with monthly reconciliation of pension payments by verifying and reconciling payments made from Pension Disbursement Account.
• Processes pension verifications as needed.
• Assists in pension billing process and discrepancy resolution for Lay and Priests Plans.
• Provides assistance in Valuation process in helping to resolve actuary’s data questions.
• Provides administrative support to 403(b) Plan.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and security of data accessed during the course of daily activities.
• Must possess effective oral and written communication skills and resolve problems with creativity, confidentiality, and tact.
• Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational and good customer service skills.
• Must have a functional knowledge of MS Office applications and be able to navigate third party websites.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. Some college preferred as well as significant, credible experience in the area of employee benefit plans.
The physical demands are representative of a normal office environment with heavy use of a computer and telephone required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position requires keyboarding, telephone use, sitting for long periods of time and some bending.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In order to avoid copyright disputes, this page is only a partial summary.
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- definition of human resources development
- vp of human resources resume
- ministry of human resources india
- director of human resources resume
- roles of human resources manager
- list of human resources functions
- vp of human resources salary
- levels of human resources positions
- types of human resources positions
- dept of human resources ga
- dept of human resources wv
- department of human resources management